If you’re looking at Dubai Holidays then you’re in luck. The Atlantis, The Palm Sale begins this week (find out more on our main website) – in honour of the occasion we’ve put together a list of fun and unusual facts about this unbelievable place! Did you know….
1. Atlantis the Palm won a Silver Medal at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2015.
2. Atlantis’ celebrity chefs (Giorgio Locatelli, Nobu Matsuhisa, Santi Santamaria and Michel Rostang) hold six Michelin stars between them.
3. There are two three-storey high underwater suites with floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom & bathroom that look into the Ambassador Lagoon (the largest open air aquarium in the Middle East and Africa).
4. You can scuba dive alongside the 65,000 marine animals in the Ambassador Lagoon even if you’re not a certified diver. If you don’t fancy scuba diving, you can wear a funny hat (shark helmet) that enables you to breathe and walk around underwater in the Shark Lagoon at Aquaventure Waterpark.
5. Propose with a difference – whilst enjoying some fine dining in the underwater restaurant, you can arrange for a diver in the lagoon to float to the window of your table and hold up a sign!
6. The biggest wedding cake ever made in the Atlantis The Palm’s very own bakery weighed 400kg (that’s about the same as a cow!)
7. Over 3000 people are employed at the Atlantis.
8. The river in Aquaventure is 1.7km long. It takes 45 minutes to float around the entire river (it’s you choice whether you zoom down crazy rapids or gently drift down calm waters).
9. Atlantis’ signature Royal Bridge Suite is the one of world’s most expensive hotel rooms. The suite comes with a team of butlers and chefs who cater to literally every need, whim or desire of the guests.
10. The Butler Services Team ensure no request from a guest is too much of a challenge – they once arranged a birthday gift to be delivered to a guest by a skydiving Santa Claus (it was near Christmas time!). When he’s not skydiving, Santa also feeds the fish…